Pages - Menu

Friday, March 8, 2013

Boy talk

Hello people.
 TGIF!!! You have no idea how long I've waited for this weekend. I plan to sleeeeepppp and sleeeeep! I just cant wait for that. Then house hunting, which I'm so not looking forward to, and then a date on Sunday (which I'm sooooo looking forward to) lol. I haven't seen le boo in 3 weeks but it feels like ages.


I apologize in advance if this sounds like a rant at any time. That's not the intention, true. But I swear boys have always driven me crazy at one point in my life or the other. Be it my brothers, male friends, or guys I've had feelings for, the gist is always the same. I've never been able to understand the men folk. They say one thing and mean the other, or just drive me plain crazy. My brothers- now that's a story for another day

A few years back, I had this monstrous crush on one dude like that. Extremely charming and very smart guy, I fell like a pack of cards. Its funny I'm writing about this now and laughing so hard at myself because back then, it wasn't funny at all. This was even worse than my very first crush that lasted 12 painful years because I was a little bit more mature and aware of myself. So the first day the dude said hi to me, I nearly threw up on myself. Out of embarrassment, I ran away from the building. I'm sure the dude knew the effect he was having on me because I heard him laugh as I took to my heels.

The next time we met, I was more composed and ready to face him. We actually became friends but I knew I wanted more. At that point I had never had a real relationship and was just too naive for words. I didn't know how to act when he was around and it was such a painful experience. I confided in one of my girls and she advised me to tell him about my feelings. The convo went like this:

Chic: I think you should tell him how you feel and save yourself the misery.
Me: No way in hell. Hell would freeze over first. 


Anyway, I subtly showed him I liked him. Not shamelessly though. I know he figured it out because he wasnt stupid. We continued as friends until I completely made myself forget about him. That's when the real wahala started. Dude wouldn't allow me rest. He would call and call until I'd keep the phone on silent. At that point, he just became so annoying and I couldn't stand him. It actually got to a point I did not know what I actually saw in him, because the constant calls were becoming so pathetic. Here was a guy I had literally given an arm just for him to like me back, and he pretended he did not have a clue. Dude drove me nuts and made me pull my hair all the time out of frustration.

My point is, if a girl likes you, she would show it. She may not be vocal about her feelings, because of embarrassment, but there are little things she would do that will give her away. Please don't ignore those things and end up making yourselves miserable in the end.

I'm glad I got over him and I became a wiser person after that episode. Little things that make us grow up quickly.....

Have a wonderful weekend
Yolanda

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

U have no idea....

Yolanda said...

Lol. I think I do...

A said...

Haha... I can soooo relate with this your post. I had two bittersweet crushes too when I was coming of age, but now that I'm with my Boo, I know they were nothing.

Lovely blog.

Yolanda said...

Lol. Same with me Somi. Now I'm in a lovely relationship, the crushes just look silly now.
I'm patiently waiting for your next story o. Thanks for reading

Anonymous said...

I am d brother she spoke..can't wait to read abt me and my awesomeness.in ur blog...muhuhahahahahahahah..I don't make ur life hell sis,no one will sweety

Yolanda said...

Smh

KC Ezeagwu said...

1st to comment,yay!

Yolanda said...

More like 7th. *rme*

Anonymous said...

Why am I so single? I'm 21 n a graduate n sooooo single. Is anything wrong? Should I be bothered?

Yolanda said...

Hey dear anon, nothing is wrong with you. You are perfectly fine. Don't stress yourself about being in a relationship, these things have a way of sorting themselves out in due time.
Peace.

Unknown said...

Nice blog dear, keep it up

Yolanda said...

Thank you. Love your blog too

Blogs I love

Total Pageviews

Pages

About

Blogger templates

Blogger templates

Pages

Powered By Blogger