Pages - Menu

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Lagos Na waa and lippie luv

How is everyone o? Its really been long I put up a post, but I did not forget my blog I swear. I've had an eventful past three weeks. Eventful doesn't even begin to describe what I've been through since then.


So here's the gist. I was attacked and robbed on Friday the 2nd. I never ever imagined in my whole life that I would one day be struggling with an armed thief for my handbag. It was a foolish thing to do, I agree, but at that point, all I could think about was my makeup bag and all the new stuff I just got. In the end, he got away with my hand bag, and I got away with a serious knife cut on the web of my left finger that left me off work for two weeks. I've recovered and thankfully I'm back to work. I've learnt some basic survival tips in Lagos since the event happened. I've never been the night owl kinda person so that is a safety measure on its own. I've also learned to stow away bags and other personal stuff under car seats or in the boot of the vehicle. I'm currently hunting for a can of pepper spray or a taser gun in Lagos. It sounds very funny I know but I think it can be helpful. All I've done since then is take some time off, watch E!, eat up a ton and gain so much weight. I don't know what I'm going to do with all the kgs I've dumped on me, but Jesus is Lord!!!!

There's so much I have to do these coming days. I've postponed my house move so much that I feel so terrible. My rent is going and I haven't even enjoyed the place. So I plan to move in next week saturday, which happens to be my boyfriend's birthday. Super super excited for him. I also plan to resume fruit fasts and the GM diet with vigor. So help me God.

Is it me, or does the M.A.C store in Ikeja mall feel like a candy store? I never get tired of going there. Good Lord! Anytime I enter I feel like carting the whole store away.


 Since I have to replace all the makeup I lost to those awful thieves, I've been trooping in and out of beauty shops. I switched my foundation from matchmaster to studio fix. I'm still deciding if I like the studio fix, but I miss the matchmaster pump. The studio fix is so annoying to use because it comes without a pump. I'm also currently hunting for the perfect pink/coral lipsticks to add to my purse. I've never been a lipstick girl, more of lipgloss so I think its time to make some changes. So far I've seen these ones I think I'll be buying very soon. Abeg I still need suggestions. I pretty much shy away from too much colour on my lips but i think its time for a change.
bombshell
lovelorn

Angel. A Kim K fave

Now rushing back to work. Hehehe
Xx



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwh so sad dear, sorry but in Lag u really have to be careful and shine ur eyes, if som1 is walking really close. to u just increase ur pace or cross to d other side of the road, if u r driving ur bag nd stuff shud be in d trunk or under ur car seat nd make sure u central lock..well d impt thing is just to be conscious of ur environment..plus a pepper spray won't b a bad idea...loool a girl can't b too careful jare.
On the other hand I think u shud try out d daring lip colours it wil look good on u...I don too talk joor lool
Kosolu

Yolanda said...

Thanks Kosolu. You're right, one has to be extremely careful at all times.
About lip colours, I agree. I need some colour in my life :)

Blogs I love

Total Pageviews

Pages

About

Blogger templates

Blogger templates

Pages

Powered By Blogger