Pages - Menu

Friday, December 27, 2013

A wonderful 2013...a beautiful 2014 to come

Hello guys,
I know I have been pretty inconsistent with my updates and all, but we'll get over that ish. Seeing as the year is coming to an end, all should be forgiven, right??

So the year is almost over. I'm really grateful to God for every single thing He has done in my life. I dont say that often, and sometimes, my life looks bleak and pointless, and I'm often clueless about the direction my life is going. But I have no fears because 'His eye is on the sparrow...' 2013 was generally a wonderful year, at least I have all my family still alive and my aged, energetic grandma still kickin' it at 90-something years...

This post is really about gratitude. Most times when I get overwhelmed with gratitude, I don't really have much to say. I've spent almost the whole Christmas season in Lagos so I can't wait to go back to my very humble village, my true roots, to sit down and chill with my extended family and my grandparents' graves. I'm weird like that. In my mind, grandpa Sylvester is very much alive, soaking in the fresh air that always comes with the numerous fruit trees in the compound, taking in whiffs of his tobacco pipe and looking at all the children. I don't really remember grandma Veronica that much, so I don't think about her that often. I swear, village brings out a completely different side to me. I always go back to being a child, running around barefoot, licking sycamore all the time with its juice dripping down my fingers. It just reminds me of how simple and basic it all really is....


Anyway, here's wishing everyone a wonderful 2014. May the new year bring forth goodness, God's mercy, blessings, and so much joy, and may all we ever do be prosperous and new...

Have a wonderful 2013....and a beautiful 2014 to come

Xx, Yol

No comments:

Blogs I love

Total Pageviews

Pages

About

Blogger templates

Blogger templates

Pages

Powered By Blogger