Pages - Menu

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Diet update and other stories

Hi guys,
You will not believe it took me all of five minutes to think of a title for this post. And after that, this lame title was all I could come up with. Please bear with me. I need to clear the cobwebs from my brain. The only ish I've been thinking of lately is house decor stuff. And that's not sexy *side eye*


Anyways, I've decided to chill out on the Cambridge diet and do the General Motors diet first. This is a cheaper diet, very easy to maintain and all that good stuff. I will be doing the Yolanda's version of this diet, just because I'm a thug like that :) I didn't change much though, the basics are still intact. I plan to start this right after I'm done with moving into my new flat. I really cant wait.
So here's my version

Day 1 - Only fruits, except banana
Day 2 - Raw or cooked vegetables. May take sweet potato in the morning.
Day 3 - Mixture of fruits and vegetables, except banana
Day 4- 8 bananas, 3 glasses of milk. Cabbage soup.
Day 5 - 2 oz chicken with six raw tomatoes and cabbage soup
Day 6 - Same as day 5 with veggies
Day 7 - Brown rice and veggies.

Cabbage soup recipe: Water, Onions, green pepper, tomatoes, cabbage (lots) and herbs. Just eyeball ingredients to know the quantities you need and whip everything together :)

This is pretty much easy and all the ingredients are readily available. I anticipate extreme hunger the first two days *sobs*, but after that, my body should  get into ketosis and I would be fine.
I still plan to follow the Cambridge diet, but that would be after I try this. With all my funds tied to house decor, I don't have any extras to spend on expensive stuff right now.

So I'm so mad that they lied. Yes, the adults lied to me when I was a kid. Nobody told me how hard being an adult is. Now I'm grown up and working, I can see how difficult it is to try to be independent of le parents and try this whole grown up thingy. Setting up house has to be the most difficult thing ever (after motherhood, which I'm terrified of btw) In between work, managing limited finances, trying to make sense out of Lagos traffic and struggling for transportation each freaking day, I still have to start buying a butt load of cute crap for our new house. I started a list, but its alarming how the list gets longer and and longer. And I have only some Saturdays and Sundays to sort my self out. Now how's a girl to move in next week?. Is this even possible?. Such a cold world :(
Thank God for Teak though. And thank God for good friends. Because its so crappy trying to decide the type of wallpaper to use in the living room and the bedrooms, and the size of bed frame to buy. As crazy as my life sounds right now, its actually fun. But the adults still lied. And the world is still geoid.

Nope!  my living room will not look like this!



So my hair has been on chill mode for the past 3 weeks. I've been so occupied with life and I relegated my strands to the background. Not my fault I swear. After all this house insanity, I plan on giving it some serious TLC. I finished my huge bottle of Tresemme gentle moisturizing conditioner in less than a month, so I decided to buy the original one I fell in love with - Tresemme Moisture Rich conditioner for dry, damagerd hair. This stuff is the truth! If you have very thick hair that tends to be very dry, I recommend this for a cowash. The slip is out of this world, and I cannot wait to use this baby on my hair
my love :)

Lately I think I've been going a little bit crazy. How else do I explain that I've been remembering some crazy braniac stuff I'm not supposed to? Like that Uluru in Australia is the largest monolith in the world, or that Poljes and dolinas are features of a karst region? Anyway, that's a story for another day.

Ps- hope you all are enjoying the cold weather. I know I am. :)

Love,
Yolanda



4 comments:

Unknown said...

oma, y d heck did u study geology? and why did u disappear from my bb list?

Yolanda said...

Hahaha! Dera bebe me sef I dunno o

Harry said...

I am so amazed at how good you write. Still getting to know you, but I think you are pretty laid back for such good writer. Your write-ups are excellent. You will up and running sooner than you expect. Get well. Harry.

Yolanda said...

Thanks so much Harry. I think I'm average but thanks anyway :)

Blogs I love

Total Pageviews

Pages

About

Blogger templates

Blogger templates

Pages

Powered By Blogger