Pages - Menu

Thursday, October 10, 2013

CCM

Hey guys,

I was reading somewhere about the benefits of keeping a hair regimen simple. Most times, it all boils down to finding what works and sticking to it. I think this is a very important concept, as most times we do so many uneccessary things, or things I think can be completely skipped when it comes to hair care.


 Many hair companies devise all kinds of catchy ads that promise 5inches growth in one month just to sell as many products as possible. Yea, who the hell are they fooling? We now know all their lies. This makes us buy so much stuff that we end up not needing. This is true.

The topic of this post CCM stands for cleanse, comdition and moisturise. This is really how simple a regimen should be. Every other thing is extra. When I first started my healthy hair journey I would go in search of every single product I read about on the numerous hair blogs I visited. Not cool. These days, I just clease, condition (deep condition) and moisturise. It makes my life simple, makes me not worry about my hair too much and helps me leave my hair the heck alone.

I cleanse with a non sulphate shampoo or my tresemme conditioner. For my deep conditioner, I mostly go the yogurt route these days. I simply mix yogurt and my oils which I wash off after about 30 minutes later. I moisturize every other day with just water and seal in the moisture. That's all.

I used commercial protein treatments in my early HHJ days. Now I dont think I have much use for them. Besides yogurt contains a reasonable amount of protein so I stick with that. Since I've learned all I think I need to care for my hair, I dont buy all the products I read about on the hair blogs again. I just visit them to know what's up

Btw I attended Dabs salon day out and it was an awesome event. Its the first event I'm attending in Lagos mainly because I dont like going anywhere, but I love Dabs' blog and I've learnt so much from her so I decided to go and I'm so glad I did. I got a henna treatment (think of it as deep conditon) and I also got some products I've been meaning to get ever since
tresemme heat tamer protective spray

aphogee keratin green tea restructurizer
Since I have stopped looking at heat as the devil himself, I have decided to start using heat more. Nothing serious, maybe once in three months. I got these products to use as heat protectants whenever I blow dry or flat iron as I want minimal damage on my strands.

Xx Yol

1 comment:

Kells said...

Cool one,sis.. I agree

Blogs I love

Total Pageviews

Pages

About

Blogger templates

Blogger templates

Pages

Powered By Blogger