Pages - Menu

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Nappiversary coming up!!

Hey guys,
I can't even believe this. Its going to be a year I shaved my head on the 26th of this month. Let the church say Amen!!!


Lordy, if anybody ever told me I would carry my un-relaxed hair about, with all the weird stares and awkward discussions, I wouldn't have believed o, because this is the hardest thing I've ever done in my whole life.

Some days, I get so frustrated and I feel like rushing to the nearest beauty store to get a tub of the creamy crack, but then a tiny voice always comes up from nowhere saying:

be strong, hold on
its never easy till you get to the top,
remember all the days your hair would fall out,
just cos you put your hand in

Ok maybe I am exaggerating. But thats kinda what happens when I urge to relax my hair again.
I am way too excited to write this post on the 26th, that's why its coming days early
Aint nobody got time to wait.

thinking face
So this is me, wishing my hair many more nappiversarries, more growth, more hair butter, oils, conditioners, sulphate free shampoos and all the treatments I'm willing to feed her majesty.

Having natural hair has forced me to learn patience, be creative, and also inspired my friends to do the same. There is nothing that gives me more joy than talking about and taking care of hair. Its such a beautiful thing seeing a head of hair fluorish with so much love and care, just like a tree. 

Ok, enough rambling.

Xx, Yol 


2 comments:

youkaycee said...

Happy nappiversary, hair!!! We wish you long life and prosperity! Mine will join you in 3 months!!

Yolanda said...

hahaha! I can't wait

Blogs I love

Total Pageviews

Pages

About

Blogger templates

Blogger templates

Pages

Powered By Blogger